Friday, December 21, 2007

The End of the Beginning!

My favorite exercises were posting image generators, creating a customized search engine, exploring Technorati, posting to a Wiki and putting a podcast on my blog because they were new and, therefore, more exciting than the other exercises. There were many take-aways, but none that suprised me. I expected to and wanted to learn more about Web 2.0 applications, and the program allowed me to do it. In fact, I don't think I would have done it without the program. To complete this kind of program requires direction, discipline and focus. I could provide the discipline and focus, but not the direction. The plethora of Web 2.0 applications is daunting. What to learn? Where to start? The program gave me answers to those questions.

The program has affected my lifelong learning goals. After completing the program I am better equipped to realize them. One of my lifelong learning goals has been to remain current with Web technology. With what I have learned, I will be able to do that. By taking this program I not only learned about Web technology, I learned how to learn about Web technology.

With regard to the program's format and concept, I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You could make a few tweaks here and there, but overall I think the format and concept are fine.

1 comment:

Lianna Kelly [aka HalfFull] said...

Congratulations on completing the 23 1/2 things!! I just finished mine last night. Nice job!