Thursday, December 20, 2007

Google Docs

This is my Google Docs doc. Above the tool bar are five tabs, an Edit tab, an Insert tab, a Revisions tab, a Share tab and a Publish tab. The Edit toolbar doesn't look to very different from the MicroSoft Word tool bar. It has separate font and edit icons insted of a single edit icon. It has a qoutes icon, which Word does not have. It has a Remove Fomatting icon a Style dropdown menu and a Change dropdown menu, which Word does not have. I will have to explore these further.

Clicking the Insert tab brings you to the Insert toolbar, which is really pretty cool. It includes the following links: Image, Ling, Comment, Table,a Bookmark, Special Character, and a Separator dropdown menu. I clicked on Special Characters, but I couldn't find the em dash I wanted to insert. Special Characters has umlauts, however. I like that. It will make it easier for me to write in German.

So Revisions Tab brings you to a list of all the revisions that have been made. It numbers the revisions and tells you who made them. It also lets you compare revisions. You just put a checkmark beside the revisions you want to compare. You click on the Share tab to invite people to collaborate on your document or to view it. You use the Publish tab to post your document to your blog, which is what I'm going to do now. Here goes.

No comments: