Friday, December 14, 2007

Tag You're It!

Now I think I can really cover some ground in my attempt to catch-up. I'm already somewhat familiar with de.licio.us. I have a personal de.licio.us account. I've tagged the bookmarks for my bank, credit card, 401(k) and other retirement plan account to make it easy to find and search them. I've done the same with my travel, cycling and German study bookmarks. The Information Services Division at the Central Library also has a de.licio.us account. The librarians add bookmarks to sites on which they find authoritative answers to customers' questions. They then tag the sites in whatever way makes it easy for them to retrieve them. We've had a link to the account put on the Telephone Reference computer toolbars. Now it's time to become familiar with technorati.

No comments: