Friday, December 21, 2007

Audiobooks

Can you believe it? As an Information Services librarian I often get asked at the Information or Telephone Reference Desk about audio- books, and I direct customers to the Digital Media tab, but until today I had never downloaded an audiobook.

I bought an MP3 player a few months ago. I recently was given a pair of Bose QuietComfort 3 noise-cancelling headphones. Now all
I need is a bus ride.

And the bus ride is coming right up. On Monday I'm going by bus to Boston for Christmas. Before I go, I downloaded two or audiobooks from Queens Library: The Camel Club by David Baldacci and The Fifth Horseman by James Patterson. Now with my MP3 Player, by noise- cancelling headphones, my audiobooks and my bus ticket, I won't even miss the Acela train --much.

No comments: